Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF lever on R6
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 19:23:20 -0600

At 04:38 PM 04/04/98 +0000, you wrote:

>I was out shooting with my R6 today and noticed that everytime I stopped the
>lens down via the aperture ring, the viewfinder grew darker.  Then I noticed
>that the depth of field preview lever was loose and mulfunctioning -- no
>resistance at all.  I guess it's back to Leica for repair.  Just thought I'd
>ask if there was a simple solution to this, other than sending it in.
>
>John McLeod

Remove the preview level.  Replace it with a normal cable release and see
if it still malfunctions.  If not, then you may just have a malfunctioning
MLU release, which is fairly cheap to replace.  If the camera malfunctions
with a cable release, then the problem is more serious and will require
servicing.

- -GH