Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 15:02:28 +0200

On 03-04-1998 23:44 TEAShea wrote:

>It is rather similar to the 21 aspheric in size and shape.  The 21 has
>received wonderful comments (See Erwin's analysis).  I have not seen much
>about the 24 in this or other groups on the net.   I would say that the
>quality of the images with the 24 2.8 aspherical is about the same as the 21
>2.8 aspherical.  I cannot tell a quality difference between the two at the
>same apertures and under equivalent condions.  However, I have not compared
>the two in a rigorous, scientific, controlled manner.

Your findings are confirmed by extensive tests done by the French
Chasseur d'Images last year. Both lenses behave admirably and without
much difference. They are the best 21 and 24 mm money can buy. But they
come at a price compared with others' offerings (especially the fact that
a separate viewfinder has to be purchased separately and is not included
in the price).

Pascal

Who else than LEICA could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !