Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: was R camera mirror lag!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 11:25:04 -0400

Donal wrote:

<<<Boy, when your momma told you to go play in traffic, you took her
seriously!>>>>>

Donal,

She also said, "keep your eyes open for "the crazies" drivers!:)

I've had a couple who started to "lean on me" as though they were going to
take me and camera out, as I'm sure they thought it was a radar speed
trap.Or they were just trying to scare me!

Their big mistake was I already got had their license plate on film! :) My
last picture may have been my best, but I'd have the last laugh as the cops
pick the guy up with the picture! :)

But you can actually see them slowing down! :)

It works if you persevere, but it's frustrating as all get out at the
beginning when 90% are just out of focus compared to the 90% that are in
focus by the end of shooting, if you do it every day for a month.

And let me say for those who think doing it with empty cameras to save
money,it doesn't work! You have to see negatives "it doesn't teach you
anything as you have nothing to go by! You may think you're getting better,
but you have to see it on film.

I buy the cheapest 40 rolls of B&W film I can and away I go.

Soup the film to negs only and loupe them on the light table.

Oh yeah and it's a good idea to to be well insured! :)

ted