Subject: Re: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 17:00:35 -0400

Hi Alan, You wrote:

>Here's another one   .......   SHOOT.

>[snip]
>the prevelance of the word SHOOT for PHOTOGRAPH

Imagine my confusion being a shooter of both film and bullets.  So far,  I
haven't mixed them up yet.

>[snip]
>But I cannot understand a professional working photographer degrading his
>art with verbal symbals of war, the hunt, and the firing range

Degrading?  Surely you can appreciate the talent necessary to create a
beautifully tight group on a target with a handgun at 25 yards?  Now to me,
that's Art.

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA