Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast mechanical shutters
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 18:18:10 -0400

> At 03:53 PM 05-04-98 -0500, Eric wrote:
> >
> >Would a titanium shutter take up more space? I wouldn't want the M6
> to get
> >any bigger. And I can just imagine the howl from photographers
> complaining
> >when they do change the M6 shutter, no matter what they do.

Actually, it wouldn't.   Case in point.

The Nikon SP switched from cloth shutter curtains to Titanium about
halfway through production.   Same camera in all other respects.

The Titanium shuttered SP is VERY slightly nosier than than cloth, but
you have to listen carefully.

In fact, you can retrofit a cloth curtained SP with the Titanium shutter
curtains from a Nikon F.

Stephen Gandy