Subject: Re: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 22:54:09 -0400

David Medley wrote:
<SNIP>

> I beside all of that ................. what is wrong with the connection to
> shooting a firearm. Marksmanship and gun handling has been around much
> longer than photography and is a skill of which many of us are proud. There
> is a skill required in using a hand held camera that is very similar both
> physically and mentally to that of shooting a firearm properly and I can
> see a direct relationship between them. Not everyone who enjoys the sport
> of shooting a firearm is a threat to society and to imply that the term as
> used in photography is somehow suspect is a ridiculous notion.
>
> This however is not the forum  and I will say no more.

David,

If you really want to torture yourself on this go through the archives
about a year ago when the long-absent Ben Holmes (and others) carried
this thread almost as painfully as the recent one on the use of filters
and others relating to business transactions. This is one thread that I,
too, would gladly see ended right here.