Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast mechanical shutters
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 20:06:50 -0400

I have mentioned this before, so forgive me for repeating it. The metal
shutters in the Canon EOS A2 are nearly silent. If you have the mirror
locked up you will only know the exposure has been made when the film
advances. The M6 shutter is loud by comparison. Certainly Leica could make
a quiet metal blade shutter.

The truth is we just don't want to give up that lovely liquid sound the M
shutter makes. I'm no diletante, but sometimes tha just like to hear that
"shlunnk"

Tom