Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 19:32:15 -0500

At 11:24 AM 4/6/98 +0200, you wrote:

> When I point a camera at something my intention is to preserve the scene
>not destroy it.

I don't think that was the point. Shooting is not just to destroy someone.
It's also a test of skill (target shooting is an Olympic event!)
Discipline, and the ability to not shake as one does "the deed."

Photography can be violent, damaging, hurtful too. It's how one uses it.
The power of the pen is 1000 times stronger in a camera. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The young child is looking in the world to find himself -
reflected in a mirror with a thousand faces.

- -Maria Montessori