Subject: Re: [Leica] User's Guide
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 08:23:31 -0400

>While reading rec.photo.equipment.35mm today I came
>across this desperate request:
>
> How do you rewind film in the F5...i've lost my manual!!!!!
>

>Now, I'm sure there have been mystifying controls
>even on 1930's folding rangefinder cameras, but
>still, such a situation seems to underscore the
>difference between high tech and the classic
>manual cameras.

Good point!  Bad example!  This is a case of . . . dare I say . . .
stupidity.  The F5 rewinds like any other camera.  You push the rewind
button and turn the crank.  Of course you have the option of pushing 2
buttons and it will motor rewind.  Actually that's as easy as 1, 2. (that's
how the buttons are labelled)

Art  (a former F5 owner)

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA