Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 10:45:46 -0700

Dan Post wrote:

> I sorta like the primitives' concept that the camera lens
> 'captures' the spirit of the subject, snatching their souls
> into the little black box.

Maybe this is just folklore, but there is the (common?) story
of the traveller who went to Africa and was later found dead
on a footpath, his Leica placed carefully on his chest as a
warning to other photographers.

In contrast, I've heard that some National Geographic
photographers also took Polaroid cameras with them because
the natives enjoyed seeing the "instant" photos of themselves.

- -Dave