Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 15:22:07 -0700

I'm preaching to the choir, no doubt, but the LHSA has been great fun and
the equivalent of a graduate education in my knowledge of things Leica. The
two conventions that I have attended (Tucson and Charlotte) were not only
highlights of my photographic experience, but allowed me to meet some of
you here on the LUG, talk to some of the repair techs we all know, and lean
from some amazingly knowledgeable folks in both the use and history of
Leica cameras. I even bought my Abrahamsson Rapid Winder right off of Tom's
M2!

Also, the Viewfinder alone is worth the price of LHSA membership. The
quality is excellent, and I often refer to back issues regarding technical
issues or just to enjoy the fine photography and writing.

If any LUGer can plan on the Denver LHSA meeting, I don't think you'll be
disappointed. As a fellow LHSA board member, my post is an obvious
agreement with Bill Rosauer's letter, which is why I am including it in its
entirety below.

Regards,

Gary Todoroff

> From: LEICAMAN56 <LEICAMAN56@aol.com>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA
> Date: Friday, April 03, 1998 3:33 PM
>
> Bud,
>
> I read your e-mail with some interest.  I have been a member since 1983
and I
> am now an officer of LHSA.  The emphasis of the society has changed
somewhat
> in the past several years.
> While the primary emphasis remains on the history of the Leica, our
> publication the Viewfinder has many articles on using M and R equipment.
We
> have entered into an agreement with Leica Camera to provide us with new
gear
> for testing.  We have several talented pros as members who write regular
> articles on new gear and technique.
> In two weeks we will be holding our 2nd annual spring shoot in
Charleston.  We
> also have an annual meeting every fall - this year Oct 2-4 in Denver.  We
also
> publish a Leica catalog for members quarterly.
> You can find more information on the LHSA at our website.  There is even
> membership application you can download.  Or you can contact the
Secretary-