Subject: [Leica] Re: Will & Harrison's Suggestions
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 23:29:12 EDT

 Harrison - I did try to do just that, but it made no difference on the
 final showing of the uploaded photos.

 I am happy with the quality of my scans - it is the loss in uploading
 through AOL that I am trying to overcome.  After following Will von
 Dauster's suggestions - his photos have now become beautiful and
 a "must see" for anyone interested in putting pics on the web.  The
 info on them now reads from 50K to 97K and they are they best that
 I have ever seen.

 My next step, now that I have the monitor & preferences working at
 top quality settings --- will be to delete everything and start all over.

 Thanks for the help,

 Marvin
<<
 You may want to scan the image in at higher resolution then drop it
 back to 72 dpi in photoshop. This allows for higher quality scans and
 for some reason they look better when scanned high res then dropped
 to low res in photoshop than they do when scanned in low res to begin
 with.

 Kinda like making an 11x14 from a 110 format neg compared to
 from a 2 1/4 neg.

 Hope things are going well for you and if you have any questions
 about scanning/web stuff ask away.
 Harrison McClary