Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica handgrip
From: Dave Richards <rchdp@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 17:53:24 -0600

Not so.  At least, not in my case.  One thing I like about my N90 is the
swollen end under the battery pack.  I find it much easier to hold
one-handed while not shooting (oops! there's that 's' word) and more
comfortable when the camera is at eye level.  And I never claimed that the
M6 or any other Leica body is perfect in every way.

The off center tripod hole is quirky and very reminiscent of my Retina
IIIC, but less than optimum.  It creates a moment that will cause the
camera to shake and wobble if it is anything less than absolutely secure on
the tripod.  And if I'm s....ing slow enough to need a tripod, I don't want
wobble.

On the other hand, German engineering can be a bit funky at times.  Look at
the Beetle and the R1100GS.

Dave