Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: average leica pics
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 21:05:11 -0400

=A0

> Christian Becker wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> > But concerning the 'messages', well, frankly (and without wanting to
> > insult you) I find most of your pictures unimpressive. There are of
> > cause exceptions and to be fair I' dlike to mention 'down for the cou=
nt'
> > which is far better and even looks a bit misplaced among the other
> > sports pics. If the P/S-statement was meant that way I have to agree.
> > And let me repeat it: this is only my (radical) personal opinion and
> > shouldn't bother you ;-) .
> > Christian
> And Carl said:
> Well, Christian, flame time for you. Not only has Eric been a longtime
> contributor to this group, he is recognized by his professional peers i=
> a number of statewide and national organizations. I would like to see
> your professional credentials. (snip)

Jeez, what are we going to do?=A0 Round up Christian and burn him at the =
stake
because of his reaction to the esteemed Mr. Welch's photos?=A0 Christian =
merely
stated his personal reaction to Eric's photos.=A0 He never said Eric was =
crappy photographer or that he himself was one of the worlds foremost
imagemakers.=A0 Also, if I'm not mistaken, English is not Christian's pri=
mary
language; you or I might have worded our reaction a little differently.=A0=
 Give
the guy a break.Although I enjoy many of Eric's images and am glad he sha=
res
them, I feel no obligation to be moved by his work because he is a
professional and has been recognized by his peers.
I don't think it's right to jump in someone's s***t just because they don=
't
have a positive reaction to a photographer's work and say so.
Regards,
Mike Gardner