Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R8 vs Nikon F5 light metering
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 08:22:07 -0700

You are correct. When I went through Brooks, it was 90% incident and 10%
reflected meter work. The only reason for using a reflected meter (removing
the dome from the Sekonic and replacing it with the grid) was to determine
scene brightness for B&W work (black towel and white soap, inside a church
with bright windows and very dark woodwork...) You then know how to develop
the neg. Compress, expand, whatever... (sheet film). At that time, there
was no such thing as a TTL meter. There was Sekonic Studio and Weston
Master. Both could read incident and reflected. It was much easier with the
Sekonic so that was the meter of choice. I still have mine and I still use it.

Jim