Subject: Re: [Leica] New Minilux?
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:09:27 +0200

A 23:20 09/04/98 -0500, vous avez =E9crit :
>Does anyone know if there is to be a new Minilux in the near future?  My
>wife's sister returned from Singapore with prints that my wife considers
>better than those she makes with her AF-C1.   It's a perfect excuse to b=
uy a
>new P&S (T2, TVS or Minilux).
>Bud Cook

It's not difficult to have better prints compared to these made with the
so-called Leica AF-C1. The AF-C1 was a clone of a Minolta camera and,
except the price and the design (the "red dot"), the two cameras had in
common a very poor optical quality, especially in the tele position (a
converter on a wide angle lens !).I used to use that camera and I was ver=
disappointed : Leica for the first time sold a bad thing.=20
In my crystal ball I don't see a new minilux. Leica is facing presently a
drop of sales in P&S compacts because mainly of the APS.