Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Eric's site & the LUG Gestapo
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 15:16:00 -0400

Y'all
I must've missed something while I was offline a couple of days! I read what
appeared to be a heated debate over the merits of Eric's photos. I felt that
I had to add my 2 cents.
I feel that photographs are like the potato salad I've been making for the
last two days (big family).
Everyone has their own idea about what goes into making both, and though
these differing elements give a different flavor, the finished product is
still recognizable. Knowing that, I consume photgraphs and potato salad with
gusto, even though one recipe or another may not be to my total liking. I
have never told anyone that there potato salad was bad; I just don't go back
for seconds ( or thirds if it's not that bad). Eric didn't ask for my
opinion, so I won't interject one; I repesct the fact that he has gone a lot
further with his photography than I have with mine. I am not ashamed of
being an amateur, and as an amateur, I try not to be overly critical. I
usually end up saying, "Gosh, golly darn, I sure wish I could get a shot
like that!"

All I'll say is that I intend to get back to Eric's site again.

dwpost@msn.com