Subject: Re: [Leica] Francesco vs Playboy = facts ?
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:22:37 -0700

When it comes to copyright law, ignorance is no excuse.  Whether
I was aware of what was going on on my server or not, the law is the
same......copy images and you pay.  Even if I did not copy them
myself physically, I "provided the computer systems which facilitated
the illegal distribution of the Plaintiff's images."

I have three options now......appeal, settle, or bankrupt.  I have not
decided yet.

"Goddess" is my online photo magazine for my original
charm/erotic photography.  It is not in print (yet), and is only
available from my site in www format or on CDROM.  "Goddess"
is my only pay-per-view website at this time and does well enough
that I can live off of it, consider it my only business, lease my own
T-1, and photograph young models with my Leicas all day long.......

Yes, I am "still" publishing.  I have been a self-taught, developing
web publisher for over 3 years now.

At 08:44 PM 4/9/98 -0400, Leikon35 wrote:
> Francesco etal - I guess I am a little dense but are saying that you have
> done nothing illegal or unethical but our dumb courts are still making you
> pay $3.75 million to Playboy?  Are you going to appeal the decision or is
> it all over?  What is "Goddess" ?  Are you still publishing? Is the case
that
> Dan Cardish mentioned the same as the other or are the 2 seperate ?
>
> Marvin (dense) Moss
>
> In a message dated 98-04-09 19:24:58 EDT, Francesco wrote:
><<
>  At 05:30 PM 4/9/98 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
>
> >At 02:32 PM 09-04-98 -0700, Francesco wrote:
> >>Yes, the Playboy v. Five Senses Productions suit involved me.
> >>I have already responded to this here, but I will recap again.
> >
> >Wasn't there also something about a CD you were selling? I may be confusing
> >this case with another, so don't let this be the start of unfounded
rumours.

> >Dan C.
> >
>  Francesco Sanfilippo,
> Five Senses Productions