Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Eric's site
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:10:36 -0500

At 09:48 AM 4/10/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Eric, imagine anyone that could make photos that pleased everyone?
>You've found at least one person who doesn't appreciate your vision.
>And how many that do??

Believe me, it's a funny world. The last picture that I got feedback on was
a picture I took during some flooding near here. All I had was a road with
water going over it, and a city in the distance. Gag! Boring picture!

Then I spotted a crawdad crossing the road (in the water). When I reached
down with my R8 and 19 Elmarit within inches of him he (or she?) looked up
and I had my picture.

I've gotten more comment from the public on that picture than just about
anything else I've done in the past year. People appreciate humor. Great
composition or not. And they must like my pictures because they call me by
name out on the street (or in the courthouse, or the bathroom of the movie
theater, or at Burger King) to tell me so. Those are the critics who count
for me.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

They have what is rare in still photography - the mobility of film, motion,
evanescence, fluidity...your camera has a thousand eyes which are directed
by love and feeling.

- -Anias Nin