Subject: Re: [Leica] Good Pitchurs
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:38:44 -0700

I learned to like mushrooms and pesto. Nobody taught me. It just happened.
Maybe someday I like rusty metal fragments in the shape of sandwich
leftovers. But it'll be my own doing. No one is going to "teach me how to
like it". If it happens, it happens. Art is in the eye of the beholder. If
you teach them to behold, they haven't learned a thing.

I learn all of the time. But it's from inside me. Not from someone who
thinks they have all the answers. Technical stuff, I learn from books,
experiments, trial & error. Art stuff is inside me. Not in some book. One
day I look at something and say "I like that" when I didn't give it a
second thought the day before. People who think they can quantify what
someone else should like/feel are charlatans. I'm happy making my own way
when it comes to inner feelings about art. And I don't mind talking about
it. If you and/or others think I'm stipid, then so be it.

Thank you,

Jim