Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: important court ruling [LONG]
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 19:38:32 +0000

Ted,

> pictures, so they can sue! :)  Just think how many Leicas can be sold as
> people go about taking pictures and suing each other! :)

No offense intended but your view of this is unrealistic. This is not about lawsuits at all.
How could it be? Whenever I've encountered someone on the street whom believes that
they're within their rights to stop me from photographing, they've _quickly taken to
physically stopping me from photographing.

This is, no question, about control/power and only the only time violence is legally
justified is when people ( or criminals,  depending upon whether you think
photographers are 'criminals') defy being controlled.

Danny Gonzalez