Subject: Re: [Leica] Not Artist!! - Photographer.
From: "Andre Jean Quintal" <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 20:48:02 -0400

On the matter of art forms:

    I'd just like to mention that I have
    tacked a Kellogg's CORN POPS
    package to one of my walls.
    It's an incredibly beautiful packaging,
    way beyond packaging proper.
    (I'm a marketing / packaging nut.)

    Some people would definitely say I'm a fool.

    Who cares !

    Though it probably was not shot with Leica equipment,
    I just thought that this statement might expand
    the scope of the discussion, here.

    A further statement could be:
    at one time, in Quebec city, I happened to
    check out a newsstand's offerings. There was that incredible (to me!)
    sex/porn VS artform (?) magazine featuring HUGE women,
    ... if that's what you want to call them. I couldn't believe my eyes.
    Anti-thema to current beauty standards, to say the least...

    But then, you should have seen my face when I opened
    the next magazine: 50 + "oldie" "chicks for kicks":
    I sure hope nobody never photograped me then !

    THAT grin of mine would EASILY win First Prize art photography contests

    Andre Jean Quintal