Subject: Re: [Leica] Court ruling
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 05:00:47 +0000

Eric,

> Isn't it true that this New York hostility towards photographers is in part
> encouraged by the Mayor (heard this on the NPPA list a while back),

Rudy Guiliani is an experienced prosecutor and is too smart to openly call for derision
of any group. He does it by heavy inference instead and no, he doesn't care much for
media stills people and he has let _his police department know that.

His show is currently running at the Leica gallery and I asked him just yesterday
(Saturday) if he'd used a Leica for all of his photography (He told me that he did use a
Nikon FE for much of what he's done. He left me with the impression that Leica had
given him an M camera fairly recently, though he didn't say that specifically). In terms
of competition, Rudy hates it, any which way it comes.

Speaking with him is always funny as he's so much like he is on TV, in person, that you
walk away feeling like you'ld just had a distinct conversation _with your TV. I suppose
Clinton is like that as well (Though I've never spoken with Clinton ).

Danny Gonzalez