Subject: Re: [Leica] Press Leicas
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:21:56 -0700

At 09:23 PM 4/13/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I also have a suggestion. I think Jim B. and George H. should become
>contemporary artists. If it's so easy and anybody could do it, and it's
>demonstrated that fools pay large sums of money for nothing, why not go
for it,
>gentlemen? Try your hands! A perfectly legal con; what could be better? As
Bugs
>Bunny said, If you can't beat 'em...

But I do beat 'em...  I know, in my heart and soul, I'm absolutely honest
in representing myself. Verbally and pictorally. No phoney baloney.

Personally, I'm too old to do things I don't like. I get enough of that
with some aspects of work, washing my car, painting the house, etc. I,
possibly unfortunately for my pocket book, subscribe to the theory that if
you don't enjoy what you are doing, and don't like the results of that
doing, you shouldn't be doing it. There is absolutely no way I could lie to
someone's face, conning them about how wonderful my out of focus distorted
photographs are. As a photographer, I'd rather weld old junk together and
call it Art, or Ralph, whatever... it doesn't matter. Ralph is what I do
when viewing most of that artsy fartsy stuff.

I'll stick with any of the Westons, Sexton, Burke, White, Adams, Fatali,
Burkette, Gravilis, Haas, Wawrzonek, Porter... etc... the list is very long...

I really enjoy doing what I do. And I cannot imagine wasting time producing
rubbish. Under the guise of anything, for anything.

Jim