Subject: Re: [Leica] negative intensification
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:34:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, Richard...

> I developed about 12 rolls of
> Tri-x in divided D-76. The developer must have been too old and lost activity.
> ( haven't we all?) The negatives are quite thin and flat. My question is can
> they be intensified?

	The usual off-the-shelf intensifiers work o.k. Try Chromium Intensifier
(Kodak In-4) or Silver Intensifier (old Kodak In-5). The negatives must be
bleached and redeveloped; very scary. Follow directions. Ilford also makes a
chromium intensifier (I.In-5) but I've not used it.
	I've had considerable success with selenium toning of negatives for
contrast increase; a remarkable procedure, if perhaps not exactly what you
need.

- -Gary Colby