Subject: [Leica] Portrait lighting
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:27:48 +0000

LUGs,

In a moment of softheadedness, I agreed today to do on short notice
(i.e. tomorrow) headshots of five people being honored for their
volunteer work.  The camera equipment is no problem - Leica R and
90mm lens. The film will be color neg.

As for lighting, I'm undecided: bringing in a small Speedo
brownline pack and 2 heads with umbrellas or shooting a single Metz
shoemount into an umbrella.  The latter is consistent with my general
Keep It Short & Simple philosophy, but the former may give better
results as far as filling in shadows etc.

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Roy
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.