Subject: Re: [Leica] leicameter mc
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:36:01 -0400

An old time Leica dealer told me to get some little silcone "bump-ons" such
as used on the back of picture frames to protect the wall. I put them on
both my meters on the left bottom (from the back) and they have protected
well and do not interfere with operation.

Cheers!

kw

>Hi:
>I've just purchased a leica M3 with a Leica meter mc.  My question is
>whether I can use the leica meter without fear of its marring the
>upper plate of the camera.  There are already a few barely visible
>scratches from it.  Could I put a silicon spray on the meter to solve
>this problem, something like the stuff you put on cross-country skis.
>I'd be grateful for any information on this or on the general
>usefulness of that meter.
>Thanks
>Allen Ballard
>aballard@csc.albany.edu

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>