Subject: [Leica] Only one
From: Vondauster <Vondauster@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 10:28:51 EDT

In a message dated 98-04-18 07:19:11 EDT, Alf wrote:

<< If you could rescue only one camera body and one non-zoom lens, and
wouldn't
 have the chance to change or upgrade for the next 2 years - which body and
 which lens would your select? >>

Interesting question.

I went to San Francisco (I'm from the Bay Area and miss it terribly) with 1 M6
and a 50mm f2.8 Elmar-M a few years ago, E-6 film. The photographs I took with
this combination are some of the best I have ever taken, a number of them are
on my Web pages.

An M6 and 50 would be my choice if restricted to one camera and one non-zoom
lens. If a zoom lens is allowed, it would be my R8 and 35-70mm f4, a superb
lens and camera combination.

Will von Dauster