Subject: [Leica] Golf carts
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:11:13 +0200

To those LUGers (like Jim Brick) that carry heaps of kit to Europe in
shoulder bags.  Please be warned that the practise of bag snatching is
increasing.  It is particularly common in Italy where a pillion rider on
the back of a lightweight motorcycle or moped will grab a bag from a
persons shoulder and be lost in traffic before you can protest.  It also
happens in France.  Sometimes in Germany.  But NEVER in Sweden Oh no.

Solution?  Have you considered a golf cart?  Not the one you Americans ride
around in but the two wheeled variety.  The bag will hold a lot of gear,
has lots of pockets, and will save your back.  The handle can even be used
as a tripod (bipod?)

Fasten a few scruffy looking sawn off golf clubs out of the top flap and
you have the perfect unobtrusive camera bag that no thief would look twice
at.  I'm serious.  I've been looking round the flea markets for one myself.
 No point in buying a new one because the bag will have to be modified for
access to the bottom.

Alan Hull