Subject: Re: [Leica] Tamron vs Leica - What are you nuts???
From: ATanabe <ATanabe@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:25:22 EDT

James,
The only problem (complaint) that I have had with the Tamron is the lense
mount.  It is very sloppy btween body/mount/lense. The optics are good but it
does not have the same qualities we all use Leica for.  Great prices can be
had on the older 180s.  I have owned one and found it to be very sharp,
contrasty but heavy and not user friendly focus ring (knurled metal).  The
price is right about $600 for a decent one, try it and see if it fits your
needs.  IMHO the Tamron would not be the best bet for both resale and quality
of optics that you have become accustomed to.
Al