Subject: [Leica] what is "stupeh?"
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:22:16 -0400

I think it is time to add a new term to the Leica list: stupeh, rhymes with...
Bokeh. Could possibly mean the same thing; "to be obscure, indistict, or
vague", and "a second childhood" when used for the elderly.

Here are some quotes that are just "stupeh".

"...It's like people saying "I listen to all kinds of music"--a comment for
which I've never had anything but contempt! Anyone who could say such a
thing obviously has no real love for music."

"Does a photographer who produces slick work for advertising or shoot
weddings love it any less than those that produce garbage art photography?"

"Garbage" art photography?  Beyond stupeh.

"...Any part of a photograph that is out of focus is a reflection of poor
and lazy technique and is of no value whatever.  It is a waste of chemicals."

Anymore?