Subject: Re: [Leica] Gitzo ball head in Chasseur d'Images
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:29:55 EDT

<<
 I'm not sure why the Gitzo Ball head would be called a "best buy". There
 are much better ball heads available. Arca Swiss, Linhof, Foba, Kirk, and a
 few others that escape me at the moment >>

I agree that Gitzo balls heads are generally not the best.  I much prefer to
use an Arca Swiss B1 as my main ball head.  However for certain specialized
applications, the Gitzo ball heads are useful.  I use two of their small ball
heads for my small tripods.

Tom Shea