Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 1.4 v. ASPH 35 1.4
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:29:20 EDT

<< Flatness of field aside, is the rest of the performance of the ASPH 35 1.4
 superior to the previous version of that summilux...as in contrast, over
 all sharpness, etc...? >>

I don't have any previous versions to compare it to, but Erwin has done a
wonderful analyis of the 35's on his site:

www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

I can tell you that in my opinion the 35 1.4 aspherical and the 35 2.0
aspherical are most excellent and I can recommend them both to you for your
consideration.

Tom Shea