Subject: Re: [Leica] MINT R equipment for sale - just like NEW!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:15:35 -0500

At 09:09 AM 4/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim -
>
>What would you say are the benefits of the R7 over the R6.2?

Electronic (i.e. more accurate) shutter. 1/2 stop detents between shutter
speeds. From what I've heard, smoother mirror for less bounce. I did notice
a difference between my R4s and the R7 in that area. TTL fill flash. Wider
ranges of shutter speeds (lower end) in auto.

More rugged film advance, according to Don Goldberg. He told me he thought
the R7 was the first Leica SLR since the SL2 that was built to professional
standards.

The ONLY advantage, as I see it, of the R6.2 over the R8 is the manual
shutter that keeps going if the battery dies. But then, how heavy are a
couple of tiny batteries that run for well over six months on a set? You
want accurate exposures? The R7 beats the R6.2. It's just plain simple
fact, electronic shutters are more repeatably accurate.

And the meter is deadly accurate. But I'm sure the R6.2 is too.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I exist as I am - that is enough.