Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica lens effect
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:56:48 +0200

Nick Hunter wrote:

> >Interestingly enough, this effect is substantially reduced above about
> >f2-f2.8, which is why many Leica lenses are of that speed.
>
> Martin, could you tell us a bit more about this?

Not everything I write is necessarily true, and I sometimes forget to put
Smileys after the text... ;-)

I thought the debate was getting a little wierd, especially when Mr Hull
categorically announces that any photograph with out-of-focus portions
is a waste of chemicals. (He later explained his view and I can appreciate
his standpoint, although I don't necessarily agree.)

I thought John's reply was wonderful and I attempted to post in a similar
jest.  Unfortunately, I don't possess his articulatory skills.

I was simply engaging in a little collective leg-pulling.  To the best of
my knowledge there is no such research, though, who knows, maybe I'll
start a trend... ;-)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     | Now fully
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Y2K compliant.
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho