Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Re:an objective evaluation of leica M lenses:
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:43:42 -0400

     =

     Eric,
     =

     I guess I'm what you'd call a "strict behaviorist," and I can tell y=
ou =

     behaviorism is NOT a voodoo science.  In fact the very "raison d'=EA=
tre" =

     of behaviorism is that whereas Freudianism and all the other -isms o=
f =

     psychology ARE voodoo science, behaviorism applies the principles an=
d =

     methods of REAL science to human behavior for the first time.  So yo=
u =

     should read more about it, because it represents perhaps the greates=
t =

     and most profound revolution in all of human history.  B. F. Skinner=
's =

     "About Behaviorism" is a good place to start (albeit dry reading).
     =

     You were right the first time (i.e., in your earlier message, where =

     you wrote that "Science is quite inadequate in any art"): science an=
d =

     art are mutually exclusive (and, I would say, complementary) fields.=

     =

     Art Peterson
     =