Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and IR
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:06:49 +0200

At 23:41 22.04.1998 +0200, I asked:
>One more: In 50 mm lenses, usually the right f 2.0 DOF sign
>corresponds to the IR mark. Is it true for the Noctilux also ?

Ulrich Deiss, Leica-Camera, answered to me:

Leica doesn't indicate the IR sign on its lenses since decades.

Depending on both, film and filter, the IR sign is located at
focal length plus between 1/200 and 1/400 of the focal length.

The exact location must be found by preceding tests of the
intended film-filter-combination.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm