Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo 280/2,8 ?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:36:01 -0700

NO! <------------------------------------

>If you do, do you see any difference in term of results ?

Leica literature says any filter degrades the image. Especially in special
light conditions. Unless it's bland front lighting, it's a special lighting
condition.

>If you don't, is the front element so sensitive ?

NO, it's just big and front heavy. They don't want to replace it via
passport if you drop it or it falls over on your tripod. But the filter
would be smashed into the front lens surface anyway... I never used the UV
filter. But I did use a polarizer.

>BTW if you have any other comment about that lens,

Very very sharp, I used it for several years, but sold it because of size
and weight. It is BIG. Not very practical for field work.

>I will love to read it.
>Somebody make me an offer that you can't refuse,
>and I try to make the right decision.
>:?)
>
>Thank you in advance to share your experience.
>
>Lucien

JMHO... Jim