Subject: [Leica] <sigh> Red Dot, Yet Again
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 20:22:41 -0400

Folks, I've been researching the prototype M3 for a book I'm writing (all
too slowly, alas, on the writing, as the research is just too bloody much
fun!)

The original Steiner concept camera was the Leica IV of 1935 (or 1936, you
pays your money and you takes your choice as to the year).

It lacked a red dot.  It DID have engraved, immediately above the lens
mount (which the pictures clearly show as thread-mount but which Keller,
who should know, says was bayonet), the epic "LEICA".

For those of you who don't like a small and discrete red dot, how would you
like a LARGE "Leica" on the front of your camera?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!