Subject: Re: [Leica] Films and Developers
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 11:16:25 -0400

At 06:36 PM 4/24/98 -0500, you wrote:

>>Is this Tmax + highly dilluted Tmax developer the hot ticket these days, or
>>is John Sexton just using the stuff because it comes in Readyloads?
>
>Yes. Forget HC-110 with TMax film, it's horrible!

How about XTol?  I really like it - beautiful tones, clean, cheap,
long-lasting and better for the environment.  You can use it full strength
or dilute up to 1:4.  I've used it with all TMax films from 100 to 3200 and
get great results.

I was interested in using Scala for B&W slides, but when I asked Agfa about
the possibility of fading with projection or storage they wounldn't give me
a straight answer.  Does anybody have any experience with this film?  I
found directions on how to develop it myself, but I'm not interested if the
slides are going to fade into oblivion!  Thanks - Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>