Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Prints v. Scans, was Brassai
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 10:03:04 -0500

At 06:11 AM 4/25/98 -0700, you wrote:

>students and their work. I don't know how to describe it; it's at arm's
length.
>Anyway, from my perspective the negatives don't look as good these days and
>because of the regularly changing software/hardware the students seem
later (if
>ever) independent from lots of faculty/staff advice.

I think that will change as computers don't require "nerds" to run them.
Once voice recognition, and other ways to make computers less intrusive,
works, I think people will get back to content.

HTML coders who can't do squat as far as design or who have even a
reasonable resemblance to good taste could work for $50 an hour plus
because people didn't know how to code. Thus all the ugly web pages out
there. (I'm still working on the looks on mine). But now everyone can do it
with little effort in comparison to just a year or two ago, things will
move more towards content (and the new markup languages should help).

Craft dosn't have to be gone forever. It's just we've been so busy
wrestling with the computers we don't have time to concentrate on the
essentials.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.