Subject: Re: [Leica] Is this another R8 flaw or am I just over-worried?
From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb@ans.com.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:00:42 +0000

> One thing though I would like to ask fellow luggers who use the R8. I
> have noticed that if you manipulate the 70-180 APO on the R8 (like
> focussing), there is some play on the lens mount (only some millimeters
> but it can be felt).

The same thing happens on Canons and slightly worn Nikons. I
doubt it is anything to worry about. Just one of the weaknesses
of bayonet mount. I think the extent of the problem is related to
how strong a spring is in the mount keeping everything tight.

- --
Chris Bitmead
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb
mailto:chrisb@ans.com.au

Unix: You think it won't work, but if you find the right guru,
you can make it work.
Macintosh: You think it will work, but it won't.
PC/Windows: You think it won't work, and it won't.