Subject: [Leica] Ricoh GR 28 f/2.8 caution
From: Donald Ingram <Donald_Ingram@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 14:26:35 -0400

I was impressed by all the good things said about this lens on various
internet sites  so I bought the compact GR1 camera version.

A word of warning for those contemplating buying the much more expensive
Leica mount version:

My  lens suffers from obvious pincushion distortion - approx 1/4" along t=
he
edge of a 5x7" print. =

This does not seem like much -  but it is clear  to the eye that all is n=
ot
well.

Other than this the  lens handles very well - worthy of a compact camera
but not as a leica replacement.

Donald