Subject: Re: [Leica] What happened?
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 15:56:35 -0700

Vondauster wrote:

> In a message dated 98-04-25 13:30:19 EDT, Pascal wrote:
>
> << I didn't get any more mail from this group this afternoon.
>  After checking the distribution list, it appeared someone had removed me
>  from this list.
>  What happened?>>
>
> Same thing happened to me, Pascal - and Harrison. I just resubbed. Anyone know
> what's up?

I don't know precisely what happened, but I believe this has something
to do with the mailer loop that occurred earlier in the week (where we
were getting lots of repeated messages from Administrator@somewhere in
the ".ca" domain.  Brian sent mail saying that when he went to fix the
mailer loop, he found that something had happened to the list that
caused him to have to restore it from a backup tape.  This may have
resulted in some subscriptions being dropped.

- -Patrick