Subject: [Leica] Invisible M6
From: "Daniel Ho" <hod@gurus.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 00:48:50 -0400

True enough.  It seems that it is mainly other photographer that will
recognize a Leica with or without the red dot.

I LOVE my new (used) M6, but nobody has given it a second look...not even my
wife!  She has no clue as to how much it's worth or even what it is (and she
knows a lot about my geeky pursuits from just hanging around me!)  If I
brought home any other brand with a shining titanium body or a gee whiz
clickity clack winder, BOY would I get the evil eye and third degree!

So, all you LUGnuts that are worried about spousal disapproval, fear not.
From my personal experience, even when I went on and on about how great my
new toy was, the spousal unit barely even noticed my beloved M6 while going
about her own business...

However, when travelling, I wouldn't take the chance of catching the eye of
a professional thief.  I'd probably cover the red dot and carry it in a
plain canvas bag...

Dan
hod@gurus.net