Subject: [Leica] R8 and lost e-mail
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 23:05:59 +0000

LUGgers,

I don't know what happened to my LUG subscription in the past few days.
Probably like many of you, I received a number of redundant e-mails from the
"Administrator", then all went dead and I received no Leica e-mails for the
past few days.

About 4 days ago, I asked all those with R8's a question about where they
place their left hand on the lens for focusing-- under, cradling the camera,
or to the side with left elbow flying out (my way, the wrong way).  Since
"discovering" the right way, which will take some practice, I'm finding the
R8 much more comfortable to hold and am actually planning to get one some
time in 1998.  And I just sold my Nikon F5.  An excellent camera actually
and I really can't fault the lenses, especially at the price.  But I'm very
much looking forward to having one SLR system -- Leica!

John McLeod