Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux - Rational lens??
From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb@ans.com.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:09:10 +0000

D Khong wrote:

> After acquiring this lens just a few months ago, I found that it has a
> personality of its own, able to produce pictures with a unique style, and I
> am in fact thrilled by the vignetting which I think is an artform in
> itself. So very often, I purposely open up the lens to f1.0-1.2 so that the
> vignetting is obvious.

I'd love to know if this magical style is just due to f1.0 lenses
or if there is something special about the leica.

I have a review of the Canon 50L here...
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb/photo/equipment/canon/50_1.html
and there are some pictures. Perhaps some Noctilux owners can
look at them to see if the effect is comparable or not. I'm not
sure if the quality of the web is good enough, but you can click
on the pictures to make them bigger. Hey, you won't see the
severe vignetting, but if you desperately want that you could put
the wrong lens hood on :-)

- --
Chris Bitmead
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb
mailto:chrisb@ans.com.au

Unix: You think it won't work, but if you find the right guru,
you can make it work.
Macintosh: You think it will work, but it won't.
PC/Windows: You think it won't work, and it won't.