Subject: [Leica] New M6HM and wrong serial numbers.....
From: Kim Sherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 12:34:47 -0500

Dear LUGgers,

>Eric Welch wrote: Well, there's more to the story than I'm telling. =
They REALLY screwed up the paperwork. But I didn't realize they were not =
telling me the facts when they told me the general wait was three weeks. =
Was your repair under Passport? They didn't think mine was a Passport =
warranty, because of screwed up serial numbers on record. But they =
didn't tell me that when I called the first time.<<

Speaking of "screwed up" serial numbers.  I just received my new M6 HM =
(thanks to Georgette for buying my chrome M6 <g>) from Eli at Wall =
Street, and everything looks great but for one (major) thing:

the paperwork/box from Leica and Eli's receipt have one serial number, =
and my camera body has another!  perhaps my camera body was "switched at =
or after birth"? =20

hmm.....
i'm waiting to hear from Eli what to do.   for now, i have a new M6HM =
with serial # 2423664 and a box/warranty card/receipt for an M6HM with =
serial #2423864.

kim=20