Subject: Re: [Leica] My M6 is back!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:37:24 -0500

At 10:14 AM 4/26/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, did you actually send a Passport registration
>form when you bought the camera? I recently bought a new lens with the 3
>yr. Passport warranty but I have not sent the card as Marc and others
>have indicated that the warranty is implicit. My question: How does one
>inform Leica USA of ownership without sending the card? Thanks to you
>and all and apologies if I'm re-opening a can of worms.

You can't. That's like wanting to be able to sell the camera as new and yet
use it. Not legal I'm sure. And I suppose Leica wouldn't have to honor the
passport part. Just a warranty. Which would not have covered me for this
repair. I guess they don't keep records of which cameras are officially
imported for passport and which are for other countries. Otherwise they
wouldn't have questioned mine. So I guess that would indicate you have to
send it in.

 I didn't send the card in, Don Chatterton did, so that he could get the
rebate. It was registered, just a wrong number. It happens. Though I could
think of a few ways to Jazz up Leica's computer system so this kind of
thing wouldn't happen again. I did a short bit as a part-time database
designer. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.