Subject: [Leica] Noctilux Photos
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:06:03 -0400

LUGnuts,

I have scanned some photos which I think show some of the aspects of the
Noctilux on this page:

<http://www.members.tripod.com/~Tina_Manley/index.html>

The first one shows no vignetting at all but it does show the shallow depth
of field at 1.0 with a close focus.
The second one shows very slight vignetting in the corners.  It also shows
the slight tendency to flare.
The third one shows apparent vignetting which I believe reflects the actual
light in the street at night.  It also shows slight flare.
The first photo might have been possible with a slower lens but I would
have had to use a slower shutter speed.
The second one is on TMax 3200 and could only have been made with the
Noctilux or with a tripod and very slow shutter speed which would have
blurred both the woman and the cat.
The third one was made at 1.0 @ 1/250 sec. and could only have been made
with a Noctilux.
I hope you can see these difference in the scans.  It is very obvious in
the prints.  If you take a lot of photographs in low light the lens is
invaluable!!  Best - TIna

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>